Velp HU6 Hydrolysis Unit
The HU6 offers the optimum solution for the acid hydrolysis of food & feed samples prior to solvent extraction for total fat analysis.
The Velp HU6 hydrolysis unit ensures fast heating and reduced time, with all the benefits of the aluminum block in terms of temperature transmission and homogeneity.
No sample transfer prevents any possible sample loss, as the same crucibles can be processed by the solvent extractor SER.
This equipment needs to be combined with a dedicated glassware to be ready to use.
- Hydrolysis / digestion by acid or base
- Ensures conformity with AOAC standard
- No sample transfer – no sample loss
- Crucibles go directly into SER 148
- Reduces handling to a minimum
- Automatic extraction of unwanted fraction
- No exposure to vapours.
- Select a glassware kit and accessories to match workload
- Hydrolysis is carried out with hydrochloric acid for approximately 60 minutes at 170 °C.
The hydrolyzed sample is then filtered in a glass crucible and washed with warm deionized water in order to eliminate the residues of hydrochloric acid